Over the course of creating this web portfolio I've learned the following:
- Figured out how to migrate github pages, branches and domain names.
- Don't forget to make live content. Important for testing design.
- Design systems are iterative, they start messy and can be analyzed for better definition over time.
- How to draw focus:
- Use of borders on controls, titles and grounding info (i.e: where am I?).
- Use of typography and color to group/define content.
- Learned more details about how Pelican templating and other internals works.
- Time management is essential.
- Problem solving is an inevitable time cost you'll pay.
- Solving issues in one project can lead to solutions in another.
- Pagination design work made updating Ludo Air's easier.
- Understanding project purpose is key in knowing what to prioritize.
- When to cut material and save it for implementation later.
- I guess I'm really into loons lol.